Had to think about this a little.
There are transitions that are life altering and then there are those transitions that repeat themselves.
Because of the time of year the transition from winter to spring comes to mind
Crocuses
these are the first harbinger of spring as soon as all the snow is gone in my front yard.
The other transition is from having my Son and my Mother in my life to not having them in my life.
This is the time of year i seen both of them alive for the last time when i visited with them on my Sons R&R in Germany
Patrick's Rowan Tree
Mom
and then there are the more positive transitions...the one from being a Mother to also being a Grandmother
Life is a constant transition, some of them we just take for granted and barely notice and some stay imprinted on our consciousness forever.





You have succeeded with the theme in a most poignant way.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos!
ReplyDeleteExcellent shots- and a wonderful way to illustrate this week's theme! Love the precious little baby feet... they speak volumes, don't they?
ReplyDeleteGreat photos for Carmi's theme, I love the Crocus, the color is so vibrant. My condolences on your son & Mom, it must be a difficult time for you.... grandchildren bring us a new joy and lots of smiles. I enjoyed your presentation, thankyou for visiting my blog, it was good to see you... take care.
ReplyDeleteYou certainly came up with all perfect and lovely and some not so happy,and those darling little toes!!! but all of them certainly to mark the transitions we journey in this short time we have on earth!
ReplyDeleteThe cycle of life, excellent choice for transitions. I love the baby feet picture!
ReplyDeletehey, this weeks theme is majorly huge for you
ReplyDeletebeautiful images though.......
This was a thoughtful post and I liked it.
ReplyDeleteLoved the little toes following the pictures of the gravestones.
The Circle of Life. Makes you think.
Maggie X
Nuts in May
Beautiful....just beautiful. the photos and the words, and the emotions. thank you.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful post, Twain. I love how you intertwined the commonplace with the more important life events.. good and bad. I think about you and your son often. My heart aches for you and your loss. That grandchild is a beauty.. I can till just by those toes!
ReplyDeleteLove this post!! So eloquent and beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteAnd your photography is excellent!!
Look at those adorable toes!!??!!
Congrats on your POTW award
Hugs
SueAnn