If you look through my Blog you will see pictures of an old abandoned house I took Aug. 2007
http://throughthelense-twain12.blogspot.ca/2012/10/somewhat-worse-for-wear.html
Today I decided to see how this poor house was doing. Sad to say, not so good.
http://throughthelense-twain12.blogspot.ca/2012/10/somewhat-worse-for-wear.html
Today I decided to see how this poor house was doing. Sad to say, not so good.
Road Trip
Please click to enlarge !
Traffic
Burrs and Seeds

Nature will envelope this structure eventually. So many of these structures dot the landscape in our provinces. Seems a shame but at the same time the textures, colours and light are magnificent. Great work...thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteRon
I couldn't find any blog posts from August 2007 on either of your blogs but I guess this poor place was in better shape then, than it is now. The red squirrel perched on the window ledge seems quite happy with it. I love the shot of the window, with your reflection in it. Nicely done.
ReplyDeleteI too find these in my travels. If only...they could talk, what a tale they'd have to tell.
ReplyDelete(((hugs}}}
Beautiful images! This is one of my favourite photography themes. We have so many of these types of structures around the country areas, and I enjoy snapping photos of them. Each one has a story to tell, I'm sure. I'm parituclarly curious about abandoned and dilapidated homes because I wonder what the history is behind them. After all, someone lived in them once upon a time.
ReplyDeleteI love that image with your reflection in the window! That is great.
but it all looks so damn peaceful!
ReplyDeleteI knew Martha woud enjoy these! And that mysterious reflection is certainly lovely. If only walls could talk. Somebody loved that house once. The beautiful red window frames are still beautiful. I liked the diary feel of this post, too. Tyhe feeling of being on a journey.
ReplyDelete