Some kind soul painted no hunting markers all along my favorite dog walking path (red dot).
This path is surrounded by marshland that is used as a bird breeding ground. Duck hunting is in full force right now and i always feel a little sad knowing that some of the ducks and ducklings i encounter on my walks will end up somebody's dinner. We heard some shots from the other side of the river and Bunny (small Terrier) got nervous and kept jumping on me . She hates the sound of guns or any other sudden loud banging noises.
Nevertheless we ended up having a great walk on this beautiful fall day .
reflection
something gets their attention
i loved this shot so much i use it as the header on my other blog
glorious red
hope these ducks will make it
after a few days of rain the water is pretty high, i love the reflections.
Please click on pictures to enlarge.








U captured some beautiful colors... Top one reminds me of a watercolor....
ReplyDeletethat looks like a wonderful walk.......
ReplyDeleteoh my! what a beautiful place where you live! Fall is something that I have not seen in a very long time. Your pictures are marvelous. That is wonderful that there is no hunting in the area of your walk. I have a hard time with hunting. It really breaks my heart.
ReplyDeleteblessings and thank you for sharing the beauty.
Lovely photographs. Some of them do indeed look like watercolors. I love to see what it looks like where you live. It's so pretty. What a wonderful place to take the dogs for a walk. I have a hard time with hunting too. I don't like the sound of guns.
ReplyDeleteStunning photographs, what a beautiful place.
ReplyDeleteI had an Old English Sheepdog who was terrified of gunshots too, luckily he didn't try to jump into my arms as he'd flatten me, he'd just take off dragging me along behind:)
Those are lovely photos - I particularly like the reflection ones.
ReplyDeleteI hate the idea of hunting wild things, too.
The saturated colours are remarkable. This is a place I could walk into and never walk out of because I'd be too busy finding new things to look at.
ReplyDeleteI, too, am saddened by the fate of some of these lovely creatures. I get that folks hunt, and I eat meat, so I'm not going to claim to be such a purist. But still...
Your reflections are lovely. You have some really beautiful pictures there.
ReplyDeletePity about the duck hunting.
Maggie X
Nuts in May
Beautiful pictures! :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!!!
ReplyDelete