Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

Night

my best moon shot...nothing like carmi's but i'm still proud of it, except for the darn power line lol
i like this picture...some might think it is spooky , but i think it has a comforting quality
Outside Memorial Hall UNB

click on pictures to enlarge

11 comments:

  1. Nice shots, love the second one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. That second one is really awesome. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just recently I saw a night sky like in the third picture.
    It was gorgeous through my friend's tinted glass car windshield. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them all. Who cares about the power lines? What a great moon shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. Don't worry about the power line. It's a great shot. So are the other two. The third one is very atmospheric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three great pictures, the middle one is my favorite. It is kind of spooky, but but not a shiver-down-the-spine spooky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great! Love moon shots.... and the second one is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to focus on the first moon shot, because it reminds me so much of mine. Here goes:

    It's stunning. The clarity is mind-blowing. I can almost feel the texture. The power line? It belongs there. Hear me out: I fretted for years over foreground elements in longer-distance photos. I felt they ruined the purity of the moment.

    Then I had an epiphany: I can't remove 'em. When my parents moved to a high rise condo with high-tension electrical towers on the horizon where I shoot sunsets, I would stress every time I was there. Then I realized the towers WERE part of the story. To wit, the header shot on my blog.

    And so the line in this shot is part of the reality. The moon, a heavenly body almost a quarter of a million miles away, fronted by a source of power for countless people, no more than a couple of thousand feet away. There's a neat yin and yang going on here, and it makes me think way more than a moon-only shot ever could.

    Thanks for letting me hijack the comment a bit there :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful shots, one and all. And good ole (he's way younger than I am) Carmi because he so eloquently expressed what I wanted to say about the power line in the first shot. He's right, of course. Be proud of these images. They're all wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That second picture is really spooky. You can almost see a ware-wolf coming out of those branches!
    Beautiful though.
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete