Funny how something somewhat worse for wear, can look so charming, and also at the same time remind me-that I have areas right around our house that could use a bit of freshening up! Nice post!
Actually I noticed that red frame too. Really makes you wonder who paited it, what their lives were like and where they or their families are now. I imagine they discussed it at length. Were they happy with the colour? I hope so! Lovely photos!
Funny how something somewhat worse for wear, can look so charming, and also at the same time remind me-that I have areas right around our house that could use a bit of freshening up! Nice post!
ReplyDeleteohmydays.............all my forgottenabout maternal feelings just came rushing back! That POOR ole home!
ReplyDeleteI love these images! One of my favourite photography themes is abandoned, dilapidated and decaying barns and country homes. Great post :)
ReplyDeleteLots of texture here. I especially like the red window frame.
ReplyDeleteActually I noticed that red frame too. Really makes you wonder who paited it, what their lives were like and where they or their families are now. I imagine they discussed it at length. Were they happy with the colour? I hope so! Lovely photos!
ReplyDeleteI'm marvelling at the fact that the glass is largely intact!
ReplyDeleteIt's a darn shame that this house was allowed to go to ruin. I'm sure it holds some wonderful memories. Now its remains can only be torn down.
ReplyDeleteIf only a house could talk. You photos definitely tell a tale but we have to guess at times gone by.
ReplyDeleteI too love old abandoned houses and buildings. This is a great example of the genre - very evocative.
ReplyDeleteOooh! I like the red window shots very much!
ReplyDeleteUm, yes, I think that outhouse has had its day! But I love the red window and the reflections!
ReplyDeleteAshes to ashes, dust to dust...
ReplyDelete~
I 'missed' this one!
ReplyDeleteI don't know how someone could abandon a house?! It does make for a great photographic essay....like this one!