Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Atlantic Ocean

some of the picture where taken at New River Beach, most of them off Saint Andrews. My Dad , who visited from Germany wanted to go Whale watching , so i took him. 
I'm not really comfortable with the whale watching industry .... prefer it to the alternative though. Also i really liked our captain , who was pretty respectful of the Fin Whale we seen.
click on pictures for a larger view












 being chased..i didn't like it







7 comments:

  1. How lucky you are to live near the ocean! Your photos make me really hope that i can visit the east coast someday. And I must say it never occurred to me that the whales might feel threatened by boats chasing them for pictures. Thanks for some much needed sensitivity training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot that your dad was coming for a visit. How excited you must be to have him with you.
    Awesome pictures. (((hugs)))Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pictures. Remind me of time spent on Miscou Island, many summers ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. popping in from an urban setting, your images are glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not heard of this beach/park and I don't live that far away. It is a beautiful spot and next time I am going past this area, I plan to take a look. Thanks for this and great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos! What a nice place. The more I see of the east coast, the more I want to visit. Hopefully one day it will happen. It never crossed my mind, either, about how the whales feel with the boats hounding them like that. That is food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the awareness about the whales, now I am thinking that the porpoises doing their choreographed leaps in the water might be doing it in fear. :(
    Lovely photos, CC!
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete